Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

If I have minor chest pain is this still something I need to call the 911 about ?

If i have minor chest pain is this still something i need to call the 911 about? for a couple of days now i ve had minor pain in my chest that seems to come and go periodically, this certainly is not unbearable pain that s keeping me from doing my day to day activities, and i m not showing any of the other known symptoms of heart attack (ie trouble breathing,dizziness,blurr... vission,numbness etc), still is this something i should go to the emergency room for?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  434
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Yes, do go to the emergency room if you can drive, or have someone drive you. Otherwise call 911. I had a silent heart attack in my 30's, so minor pain could indicate one too. At the hospital a blood test will reveal certain elevated enzymes if you're having a heart attack. Don't take any chances. I felt silly calling 911, but otherwise would have died, because I had to be defibrillated. Better safe than sorry, so please go!
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor