Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

I play Rugby, will the heart murmur interfere with Rugby ?

I have been getting chest and jaw pain for quite some time now. I also have pain in both my arms and shoulders, but I feel it more in my left arm and shoulder, and at times I feel the pain in the left side of my face. My doctor said that I have a heart murmur and I am scheduled for an echocardiogram next week. My question is: Will the heart murmur go away? Also, I play Rugby, will the heart murmur interfere with Rugby? Thank you for your time. Cassie
Asked On : Sun, 28 Feb 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  503
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  Anonymous's Response

Well it depends on the severity of the cause for murmur. So have patience and get your tests done. In the meanwhile rugby is great for cardio that is what all trainers say but still avoid too much extrra load till you get your reports fine.

Answered: Sun, 28 Feb 2010
  User's Response

Thank you for replying.  My other doctor said I could have a heart valve problem caused by the heart murmur.  Can this be possible?  Also I have Rugby practice next week and I have to get my echocardiogram this Friday, will it be safe to go to practice?  Also, when I found out I had a heart murmur, I still went to practice and my heart was beating even faster thatn it usually beats when I exercise.  It waa still beating faster even several hours after practice.


Answered: Mon, 1 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor