What causes lightheadedness during workouts along with irregular heart beat?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: my 15 year old son says he is getting light headed when working out and thinks his heart beat is irregular
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your son's health and I would like to suggest you that taking into consideration the symptoms which your son is experiencing it's important to rule out any sort congenital heart disease and anaemia.

So its advisable to kindly get the following tests done

1. Complete Blood Count

2. ECG

3. Echocardiography

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana