What causes severe cold sensation and numbness in the fingertips?

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: what makes me get extremely cold all over and my fingertips on both hands go numb
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its low blood circulation ,low oxygen /iron/vitamin.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for using Health care magic for your health concern.
Getting whole body cold & numb finger tips can be due to insufficient blood circulation in body, leading to low oxygen suply.. low energy production .the causes can be varied-
-Severe anaemia /weakness /iron or vitamin B12 defeciency.
-low blood circulatipn due to low blood pressure or some heart problems.
-Hypothyroidism... low thyroid hormone in body.
-Some auto immune conditions like lupus.
- Exposure to cold adds to the the symptoms in above conditions.
*Complete health check up followed by relevent investigations would help to know exact cause.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D