What causes intermittent heart palpitations along with severe fatigue?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My husband has had heart palpating and then he said that it goes up into his neck,he says that they often happen ,sometimes two or three times a week. Do you have an opinion about what could be happening. He says after it happens he says it makes him very tired.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs basic cardiac evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you of your husband I can understand your concern and I would like to tell you that the symptoms of having palpitations on and off coupled with sense of fatigue afterwards points towards the possibility of transient cardiac Arrythmias.

It's advisable that you should personally consult your cardiologist and kindly get the following tests done

1. 48 hrs Holter monitoring

2. Echocardiography

3. Complete Blood Count

4. Serum electrolytes levels

5. Kidney function test

6. Lipid profile

These test will help us evaluate the underlying cause so that the treatment can be done accordingly and properly.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng