Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

I have white patches in my hair

hi doctor , i am sridhar (age: 30). I have white patches in my hair . It itches and when i scratch they fall as powder. Recently, this infection (?) has spread to my ears too. Is tenovate a good treatment for this?
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  272
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.It seems that you are having dandruff in your scalp.This is a type of fungal infection and can be effectively treated.Tenovate is not good for this.You need use a shampoo based medicine for this.Please visit your doctor for examination and he will give treatment also.bye.
Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
HI, I think it is dandruff. So wash your hair everyday with some medicated shampoo. You can use hot coconut oil at night everyday with a gentle massage.

Rx, 1) Fluor.Acid.200/6D/OD - in morning.
2) Arnica oil - use on scalp in morning
Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
  User's Response
which shampoo is best for daily usage , plz suggest me. now im using head & shoulders
Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor