Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

I have uterine Polyps and i am conceiving again.

I was told last January that I have Uterine polyps. I was able, however to conceive naturally in February and delivered a healthy baby boy in November. It took us over 3 years to conceive him. Is it possible that the polyps come out with the afterbirth? Do I still need to have surgery to remove the polyps? Will it take a long time to conceive a second child. I want at least one more child and although my OB wants us to wait a year if it will take some time I would like to start trying sooner than a year. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  636
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi, you may wait for an years time before goin for second pregnancy.BY mean time you may get a hysteroscopy done to look for the polyp and if needed then to remove them out of your uterine cavity.It is safe , diagnostic procedure and very useful.
Contact your doctor for this procedure.If you want any further assistance feel free to write me.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Polyps dont come out with the afterbirth.You will need surgery for that.But i agree with your OB that you should wait at least a year so that you body is healthy enough for a second pregnancy.I would advise you to wait for a certain period of time before conceiving again.
Answered: Fri, 18 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor