Is continuous bleeding normal after D&C?

I had D&C to remove endometrial polyp last month. My first period post D&C is very heavy. I have taken pause-mf tablet for two days. bleeding got reduced. But on stopping the tablet bleeding has started again.Is it normal to have bleeding for long time after d&c or needs medical attention
Wed, 28 Apr 2021
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response

Heavy menstrual cycle after D and C procedure for removal of endometrial polyp is expected, however, heavy bleeding for subsequent cycles is not normal. I suggest you to consult your gynecologist for clinical assessment, relevant investigations and thus management.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shailja Puri, Pathologist and Microbiologist