Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

I have sores all through my mouth and on my lips, please suggest remedy for it

I have sores all through my mouth and on my lips and it hurts when i swallow. Do your know what it is? Im going to the doctors tomarrow but i am very worried what it is. The side of my tongue is white and tuns of bumps all over. The inside of my lips have sores on them and the corner of the outside of my lips hav little bumps. And my tonsils have sores on them and hurts when I swallow. Do you have any idea what it is ?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  950
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
hello, your sores- seems to be ruptured vesicular lesion.. most common are viral herpes infection.. these kinds of ulcers are common on lips and corner of mouth.. it is also associated with fever prior to vesicle eruption.. if your fever persists you can use paracetamol tablets to manage it.. your dietary intake of multi-vits and minerals is also reduced due to problem in swallowing.. so you can use anaesthetic gel/mouthwash to get relieve from pain during swallowing.. have ample of fruit and green leafy vegetable diet.. or nutritional supplements.. .. use antiseptic mouthwashes after meals..
avoid spicy food completely.
these lesions resolve within 7 days mostly by proper diet in healthy individual.. and if they persists more than that consult oral medicine specialist as he may give you antiviral creams/tablets as required.. to confirm the diagnosis they may take biopsy for pathological examination..
other causes of such sores are autoimmune disorders- pemphigus,lichen planus, etc.. they are rare..
and a biopsy or immunofloroscence test is done to diagnose them..
Answered: Mon, 2 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

you are suffering from throat infection,sores can also be due to deficiency of essential minerals and vitamins. A physical examination is required,so get in touch with your doctor for the same at your earliest.

Answered: Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, you may be suffering from a viral infection. Please consult a good dentist and ENT surgeon and get a complete oral and medical examination done. You can use Betadine gargles, Mucopain and Hexigel ointments to get relief from pain. Take care!
Answered: Fri, 4 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor