Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

I have red itchy rash, bleeds when scratched

I have a red irritation/rash type line on the hair region of my pubic area. It is just on one side but it itches horrible sometimes and other times I can not even feel it. When it gets too bad and a scratch (I understand I shouldn t), it bleeds a pretty good amount. After about a week or two with this, my boyfriend told me he was getting the same rash between his leg and tested. Any possible answers/suggestions will help. I put neosporan on bit that did nothing. I started hydrocortazon, which does help the itch
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  768
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
The lesion you have described is more likely to be herpes. Specially when your boyfriend has tested positive then your chances are even higher.Using the ointments for momentary relief is a waste of time. You better get it treated properly.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor