Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

I have heart pains in one side. I have a family history of heart disease

Hi, my name is Jessica and I am having problems with my heart , I menchon this problem to my parents quite frequently. My grandfather had a heart attack in his thirties and I'm wondering if i have the same problem. I'm very concerned about it. My parent say that I'm to young and it is growing pains, but the pain is only on one side. Wich is the side my heart is on. Sometimes it feels like someone is squeezing me and sometime during the day I try to take a nap. That sometimes help's the pain go away. Can you help me?
Asked On : Wed, 12 May 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  230
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist 's  Response
HI well come to HCM.
In a way your parents are right to say that you are too young to get the heart attack.
BUt in exceptional cases infarction{heart attacks] are reported at the age of 16 even.
Better to consult your doctor and get done your Ecg. Tmt if your doctors recommend.
and Echo to rule out MVP, mitral valve prolapse as well thanks.Your symptoms could
be related to GRD as well. Thanks
Answered: Mon, 12 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor