Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

I have had problems with ear infections. what to do ?

I have had problems with ear infections in the past. I had surgery to place a tube in my left ear almost a year ago in Feb. 2009. Last Friday i got water in my ear and now it feels clogged and wet. I tried talking to my father about it but he won t listen to me or call my ear specialist. Please help me i am a 15 year old girl and don t know what to do.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  401
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Ear wax is hygroscopic and hence it swells up on contact with water. This would be the commonest cause for your blocked ear. You need to see your ear specialist to rule out any infection. As far as possible, if you have no pain or ear discharge ,and if you can hear well, please do not attempt to clean your ear yourself. Get it done tomorrow by your ear specialist.

Answered: Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor