Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I have had back pain and knee pain. How I can treat this problem to get better ?

How you doin Dr. My name is Peter I had a little problem,I have a bulging disc L5-S1 it happened couple of months ago,to heal the problem ive been doing Physical therapy , chiropractor treatment ,and still wasnt feeling better,after all this i had acupuncture treatment about month ago,after that it got worse than before.This dr, used bigger needles and my left knee is sore for about a month,my right side of my lower back and right leg is like radiating pain and tingling and burning sunsation, I dont know what to do,this acupuncture got me worse.How I can treat this problem to get better if you know the answer please let me know
Asked On : Tue, 8 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
Hi Peter,
I am not a Dr. but, unfortunately I have similar symptoms on my Left leg from a L5-S1 posterolateral disc herniation and sequestration over 6 mths ago (31 yr old, active Male, w a fragment that has been absorbed but pain remains).

Did you already get an MRI, or book a Neuro-surgeon or Orthopaedic Surgeon? With any disc bulge or surrounding nerve damage (DDD) casuing narrowing or impingement on the S1 nerve root, pain travels down the root to your knee/leg/foot/toes (that's where 90% of my random, sharp pain is- back of my knee anyways). My experiential 2 cents is that the actual area of contact/damage is in your back...not accupuncture on your knee. The specialists can identify from your MRI to help your treatment plan.

Trust your physio/ Chiro and medical team. Core strengthening, decompression or other surgical/non-surgical treatment may help to relieve your radicular pain.

best of luck on a full and prompt recovery.
Alan G.

Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Shruti Mittal(PT)Neurology's  Response
proper medications alongwith regular physical therapy treatment(well trained therapists) with few precautionary measures on daily basis in your routine will definitely help you out better.
Dont go on having variety of treatments. Get yourself properly checked and then follow accordingly.

All the best and take care
Answered: Wed, 9 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Bhavani's  Response
hello peter you have lumbar spondylosis with radiculopathy, which has to be treated with medicines along with please meet a neurologist and get properly treated otherwise your nerves will get weak and you may start experiencing weakness in your legs.wish you speedy recovery.
Answered: Wed, 9 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor