Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

I have PCOD and i am taking gestofit 200 mg to conceive

i am 24 year old married for last 2 years, me and my husband trying for a baby from last 6 months, i am suffering from pcod . doctor prescribed me to insert gestofit 200 mg in my vagina will it work please suggest.
Wed, 27 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum. If your periods are regular you can try for 6 more months. If it is irregular you need a gynaecologist consultation. Take folic acid supplementation with a gynaecologist advice. Good Luck.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
to conceive fitness of both partners ios essential. The disease you are having of pcod can be cure with herbalmedicines.use of dashmool and punarnava gives good effect in PCOD. complete treatment can be suggested after getting complete lab reports.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If a couple is not having baby inspite of having unprotected sex then it is called infertility and then you and your husband will need to get investigated to find the cause of infertility.If the semen analysis of your husband is normal;you have regular cycles with ovulation ;and the fallopian tubes are patent then you will conceive.The problem you have right now is PCOD which itself can cause disturbed periods.Please keep follow up with your Gynaecologist and get investigated and treated accordingly and you should conceive after proper treatment.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor