Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

I had an Ectopic pregnancy earlier and one of my fallopian tubes was removed. I want to have my own baby. What treatment should I undergo ?

hi, m 25 years old n married for 5 years i had first normal pregnancy bt unfortunately my baby didnt survived, after again i had ectopic pregnancey due to which my right fellopin tube is removed & the other tube is little curved & my periods are also not regular. please advice for solution we are desperate to have our own baby
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HCM

Good Day
In cases where the fallopian tubes are the problem you need to try IVF with best results. It is bit expensive but after doing a few tests the Gynaecologist can recommend IVF.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
You and your husband both need to be investigated thoroughly for the causative factors leading to infertility. As you said your periods are irregular and one tube has been removed due to ectopic pregnancy, it suggests that ovulatory and tubal both factors are causing problems. You need to undergo laparo-hysteroscopy to determine and treat problems in tubes. If remaining tube is patent, still you can become pregnant naturally/IUI if you are lucky enough. But for that your periods should become normal. If remaining tube is diseased or not patent then IVF is the option for you. With diseased tube there are high chances of ectopic pregnancy. Consult an infertility specialist and go ahead with the treatment according to demand of the situation. Take care.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor