Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

I get fluttering in my chest

I got in a car accident about 2 months ago, ever since then I have noticed that I get this fluttering in my chest, not by my heart but more in the center of my chest and also I get short of breath is this something that I should get checked out? or does anyone else have this?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi Tiffany, I had an accident, in-fact a severe one, about 4 years back. I recovered with no big symptoms. But I was a teen then. Now during a routine yearly physical check, my doctor diagnosed a murmur, did an EKG and then called on a cardiologist for an Echo cardiogram. (EKG will not reveal much about murmers so Echo is a must) Echo showed I had MVP or Mitral Valve Prolapse with minimal reguration. MVP either comes by birth or need not be. An accident causes a severe shock and that could cause MVP. That happened in my case. Now, I my case I never felt anything but I would say 100% go to a cardiologist immediately. Echo would cost anywhere about 800-1000$ (and blue cross' contracted rate is about 550$) so your insurance on 550$ should be say 200-350$ (Its a guess check your insurace %). Go for it..Take care and Good luck. PS: center of the chest is important and part of Echo is to check that how ur blood flows and also through the neck to the brain. Hope this helps!
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor