Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

I am feeling abdominal pain specially in the left side lower abdomen after having icud

hi sir/madam, i am a woman aged 33 and i am married for the last 16 years. i have a son aged 11. since the beginning, i used to have very painful periods. i was told by doctors and others that the pain would go after marriage. however not much has changed. i still have very painful periods and the period lasts for 5-6 days. last month (27 may 2011) i got an iucd inserted by my gynecologist . however, since insertion i am feeling abdominal pain specially in the left side lower abdomen . i consulted my doctor who advised me to go for a tvs. the tvs showed 1. bulky uterus 2. functional cyst in right ovary 3. fluid in POD. my doctor has now prescribed me to take either 10 placentrex or sterodin injection on alternate days. however, i have been told by the medicine store people that placentrex is a banned drug. i also surfed on the net to find that the drug has some safety issues. i don t know why my doctor has advised me to take such a banned drug. in the light of the above kindly let me know 1. what exactly is my problem 2. which of the injections shall i take, or whether i shall take any of the injections at all or not. plz reply elaborately.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  787
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
since yo have had painful periods from the begning and there is no improvement even after you had a baby the cause needs to be investigated. in my opinion you could be having a condition called endometriosis. to know if you have that or not you should under go a laparoscopy, this wil tell if you have any evidence of endometriosis. depending on the severity of the same ,if present, you can undergo treatment. an iucd will not help if you have an endometiotic cyst in your ovary. this can be treated laparoscopically by cyctectomy , however this can be decided at the time of laparoscopy only.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor