Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

I am diagnosed by pcod since 4 years, can I take fertomid 50 mg ?

Hi, I am 29 yr old woman 84 kg ,i am diagnosed by pcod since 4 yrs ,i m on metformin. i hv a 7 yr old daughter,i want hv a baby is my 3rd day of my cycle...can i take fertomid 50 mg,,,,wt is the success rate.(my is irregular periods)
Asked On : Mon, 25 Oct 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  699
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Nikisaggi

You need proper evaluation by your Gynecologist. You doctor will make sure you are the right candidate. He/she also make sure there are no contraindications for the medicines.

As per your history, you will definitely get benefit from Fertomid. Fermotid is indicated in PCOD for ovulation induction. It has to be taken from day 5th to day 10th for 5 days. If there is no response it can repeated after 30 days.

Consult your MD before you start and follow up with you MD during the course.

Best of luck.

Dr. Jagdish

Answered: Sun, 7 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor