Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I am diabetic,taking glucophage but not satisfied with the treatment

I am diabetic for the last 4 years. fasting is between 150 180 while randome is 200 230. Taking Glucophage 500 and diamicron. can you pl. advise me to do better. I go for walk only 15 20 mints. Thanks. Amjad
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Diabetes can be controlled can`t be cured ,you should be clear in your mind.Diabetes can be controlled with regular exercise & strict diabetic diets & regular anti diabetic drugs.
Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
go for regular exercises daily for an hour without breaks ....esp brisk walking ...and swimming if possible ... do yogas.......... follow diabetic diet ur dr soon ...high sugar will damage ur internal organs permanently with time
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello amjad,
welcome to hcm.
you continue the drugs provided by ur doctor.
simultaneously you have to keep control of ur blood sugar level by life style modification.
walk atleast 30 min yoga and breathing excercises.
avoid stress . have frequent small meals instedy heavy meals.
include more fibre and fruits .avoid banana, can consult any diabetologist for detaol followup.
take care
take care
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor