Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

I am diabetic and i have rash on my tummy

I am a diabetic and have a very uncoomfortable rash on my tummy where my skin flaps over. I have tried everything and can t get it healed. I want to know if there is any way that my insurance would pay for it?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  186
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response
most probably your rash on the skin folds is a fungal infection called taenia corporis
It can come for even a non diabetic ,but common in a diabetic because of excessive moisture in the skinfolds,The sugar in the sweat is a good food for the fungi( bacteria too).it is a plant growing on you like the mushroom on the tree or a mould on a old bread!

your control of sugar must be near optimal,you need a anti fungal cream like candid or quadriderm and bath twice a day,change of clothing too,preferably cotton.thereafter daily candiderm powder is needed foe six weeks or longer If you are not regular in therapy ,disease will be your permanent friend

if you assure this insurance against complications of severe wound infection,bleeding loss of sleep,embarrassment in the public due to ugly scratching can be provided.monitory insurance is not easy to get for this alone
Answered: Thu, 13 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor