Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I am 54 years old. How i can remove melasma completely ?

Hi, my name is Baljit, I m 54yrs female n I hv very very bad melasma since 5yrs on my cheeks n nose. I hv seen doctors who did IPL,LASER n CREAMS but it looks worst darker.I feel so ashamed to leave my house n am very very depressed seeing my face everyday. Pls Pls I beg, I need real help.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  261
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hello baljitji. welcome to hcm.
your melasma is becoming darker with all cosmetic treatments you mentioned right? so i would opine to stop all that stuff. I think that is not gonna help u anymore. you havent send your picture. This is an internal problem needs to be treated by internal medicine only. have u tried homoeopathic medicine? it have excellent result in skin problems if u knw. you can consult some good dr in your area or send me your pic at the customer care with subject " to dr. dipalee". I may help u to give better opinion. do not feel bad or ashamed since it it not incurable as per me.
Thank u.
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
facial pigmentation have many causes like pregnancy,Hormonal contraceptives, Sun exposure
treatment response is generally slow
Discontinue hormonal contraception if you are taking it
use a good sun screen .apply it before going out
use a good light moisturiser. if you have acne then avoid it .
Bleaching creams like Azelaic acid is helpful
creams containing alpha hydroxyacids including glycolic acid and lactic acid peel off the pigment skin is also helpful
topical steroid like hydroquinone cream can give early results in addition to the above.
it may take sometime to reduce the pigmentation .so you have to keep patience
take care
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor