Suggest treatment for acne

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: acne prone skin but very mild.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acne and its management

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and you seem to be having acne vulgaris.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take capsule doxycycline 100 mg once daily at bedtime and apply gel containing combination of benzoyl peroxide and adapelene on the lesions at bedtime for 1 hour and gradually increase the contact time to 2 hours, 3 hours and then overnight.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this avoid oiling of scalp, intake of sugary foods, scrubbing, use of cosmetics and make up.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj