How to treat swollen lymph glands?

A few weeks ago I had a sore throat accompanied by body aches. No other signs of a cold. My lymph nodes were swollen and my throat hurt very bad when swallowing. I went to the doctor and got antibiotics, it got better within the 2-3 day period. A week later, it came back. I got the same antibiotics and it went away again. Today about a week after healing again, I feel like the swollen type of sore throat is coming back. How can I get rid of this?
Fri, 12 Jun 2015
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The vast majority of infectious sore throat are due to viral not bacterial infection, in over 80% of cases, it is viral.

Viral infections do not require antibiotics for resolution. It may be best to use only if testing such as a swab or blood test, confirms a bacterial infection. This would reduce the chance that you would develop antibiotic resistance.

It may be a recurrent infection or post nasal drip may be contributing to your symptoms as well.
The use of a topical steroid nasal spray such as nasocort, nasonex, flonase , may help.

Oral gargles/sprays such as covonia or chloroseptic which contain a pain killer and antiseptic may also be important.

I hope this helps