• question-icon

How to treat enlarged lymph node?

I have a high red blood cell count. HCT is .50 l/l, platelet 394 x 10 (9)L, HGB 167 g/L, RBC 5.21 x 10(12)L. He also discovered a swollen lymph node under one arm. I have cysts on both ovaries (since 3 years on one, now second one), as well as some fibroids etc but latest visit showed also a polyp on my cervix. i also was told that i have the begining stage of emphasyma and an x-ray has been ordered.

the doctor told me there is nothing to worry about and if the enlarged lymph node is still there in a few months that we must remove it. It could possibly have been there for years. other symptoms are that i have not had much energy in the past few months.

please do not tell me to go to a doctor cause i just did.

I would like to know:

Could chronic bronchitis or emphasyma or ovarian cysts or even hepatitis C cause the swollen gland?

what is the percent of chance that the swollen gland is cancerous if no other infection is in the body?

after having a swollen gland (lets assume its cancerous) in an armpit, what time length approx can it stay there without any further problems and removal will fix the problem?

I would like very much to know if the high red blood cells could be
Tue, 14 Apr 2015
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The nodes drain or are responsible for different areas of the body. The axillary nodes drain the arms, breasts, chest wall, upper abdomen.
This means it is possible that it is related to any ongoing issues in the chest.

The WBC aspect of the complete blood count would be the most important part in relation the the lymph nodes.
If it is high, it may indicate a problem eg infection or another serious cause

The high red blood cells are related to the slight increase in Hb.

The node can be biopsied to see if there are any abnormalities.

I hope this helps