How to recover from side effects of mucinex

I took mucinex d at 12 pm last night. I woke up at 5am and threw up and had diarrhea. I haven t gotten sick since then and it s 11:15 am, but my heart is beating fast and I feel like I have to throw up but can t. What can I do to get this out of my system?
Mon, 25 Nov 2019

I think diarrhea you had is not due to Mucinex. I think it might be due to respiratory infection for which you've been prescribed Mucinex. Thus, I think you are having acute gastroenteritis. Better check with your caring doctor.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Albana Sejdini, General & Family Physician