How to prevent kidney stones ?

how to prevent kidney stones? Please advice....
Fri, 3 Jun 2011
's  Response
Drink as much water as you can.Dont take milk products,tomato.
nihar's  Response
HI man,try to drink enough water to keep your urine clear, about 8 to 10 glasses of water per day. Slowly increase how much you drink, perhaps adding one more glass of water a day until you are drinking 8 to 10 glasses a day. This slow increase will give your body time to adjust to the extra fluids. You are drinking enough water when your urine is clear or light yellow. If it is dark yellow, you are not drinking enough fluids. If you have kidney, heart, or liver disease and have fluid restrictions, talk with your doctor before increasing how much you drink. Change your diet. This may be helpful, but it depends on what is causing your kidney stones. Your doctor may do more tests before deciding whether changing your diet will help reduce your risk of developing another stone. The results of these tests may suggest that it could be helpful to do one or more of the following: o Increasing how much fiber you eat. Fiber includes oat bran, beans, whole wheat breads, wheat cereals, cabbage, and carrot
kps's  Response
hi guys, thanks for your suggestions.
mousumi.gupta's  Response
Kidney stones, one of the most painful of the urologic disorders, have beset humans for centuries. Scientists have found evidence of kidney stones in a 7,000-year-old Egyptian mummy. Unfortunately, kidney stones are one of the most common disorders of the urinary tract. Each year, people make almost 3 million visits to health care providers and more than half a million people go to emergency rooms for kidney stone problems. Most kidney stones pass out of the body without any intervention by a physician. Stones that cause lasting symptoms or other complications may be treated by various techniques, most of which do not involve major surgery. Also, research advances have led to a better understanding of the many factors that promote stone formation and thus better treatments for preventing stones. [Top] Introduction to the Urinary Tract The urinary tract, or system, consists of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs located below the ribs toward the middle o
mousumi.gupta's  Response
Kidney stones often occur when urine becomes too concentrated. This causes calcium oxalate or other chemicals in your urine to form crystals on the inner surfaces of your kidneys. Over time these crystals may combine to form a small, hard mass. Sometimes this mass (stone) breaks off and passes into the ureter, one of the two thin tubes that carry urine from your kidneys to your bladder. About 80 percent of stones are a combination of calcium and oxalate (oxalic acid), a substance found in many fruits, vegetables and grains. Most other stones are composed of uric acid, ammonia crystals. Not all kidney stones cause symptoms, infact it is not unusual for stones to be discovered in the kidneys during X-rays for an unrelated problem. They may also be discovered when you seek medical care for blood in your urine, recurring urinary tract infections, or a vague pain or ache in your side - all common symptoms of kidney stones. It's only when a stone breaks loose and begins to work its way down the ureter that the
General & Family Physician Dr. JItendra Sharma's  Response
Depending upon what kind of stone the patient is suffering from, it is advisable to refer to treatment an prevention. In general if you are eager to know-
1. Plenty of fluids.
2.Low sodium and protein diet.
3. Alkali supplements