Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

How to keep body healthy, away from ageing? Facial product for mature skin?

hi my name is Elize what facial product can i use for my mature skin , i am 55 years old. tryed every thing from loreal to avon and clinoque and more, i would like to know what can i also drink to keep my body healty,from ageing ,like vitamins . i do have a mature pimpel problem,on my chin , cheeks, can you please help with this one.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi..thanks for your query.
the pattern of acne in your face would be a pointer towards the hormonal cause for acne.Few tests are important in acne of hormonal origin. the common hormonal tests done for this case are Serum Testosterone,DHEAS,S.prolactin,S.insulin,LH,FSH and cortisol.There should be an abdominal USG done to rule out pelvic pathologies.
As for regular care of skin ,you should use a sensitive mild cleanser.Try to use a Retinoid topically at night.
Orally you should have supplements containing Vit C and Vit E to reduce the free radical induced damage to body and prevent aging changes.You also should apply non comedogenic moisturizers containing Vit A and E in the morning.It is very important to avoid sun exposure and apply a broad spectrum sunscreen when you go out.Green tea is a good source of anti oxidants as well.So you can start having it.
Hope this helps.Take care.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor