What causes extreme facial flushing and erythema?
Remedy for facial redness
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
I would have preferred an Image of your skin condition. You may upload in "Reports Section"
Perhaps you have Rosacea which is a chronic condition characterized by facial flushing and erythema. It is more common in fair skin tone individuals.
You may initially try A - Derma's "Rheacalm cream". It is a soothing cream and claimed to reduce facial redness and reactivity. Use it twice daily, morning and evening. However, if this proves insufficient then you may use Erythego gel (0.33% brimonidine ) once daily at night. Brimonidine is a vasoconstrictor. It is an approved treatment for facial redness/ rosacea.
Continue with the sunscreen. Use it regularly during the day.
Instead of Himalaya face wash use a gentle cleanser for face wash e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypothyroidism and facial flushing
- Can cervicalgia cause facial flushing
- Facial flushing and thyroid disorders
- Thyroid and facial flushing
- Ramipril and facial flushing
- Facial flushing causes
- What does facial flushing followed by flaking indicate
- Sudden onset of facial flushing
- Nausea and facial flushing
- Can eating gluten cause facial flushing
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body