Can skincare products with an alcohol base affect the blood alcohol level?
There's affect and affect.
Yes it gets into the blood and has effects BUT. let us say it is ALL alcohol and it ALL gets into the skin. That's about 1 to 2 teaspoons of alcohol. It won't have effects on thinking or inebriation or really any more effect than about 1/3 of a shot of vodka.
BUT, it will show up on most tests of alcohol. It will show on a breathalyzer but as well under a single drink. Mostly that is not illegal but if someone has a particular court order, it can be a problem. Furthermore there are some blood or urine tests for ANY alcohol use that will show up as positive from this.
Yes, it goes in and yes, this is well known to affect alcohol testing. It's just such a small amount that in general it isn't enough to matter.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shivering affect blood alcohol level
- 20 blood alcohol level
- Can concerta affect blood alcohol levels
- Svt and blood alcohol levels
- Warfarin and blood alcohol level
- Does alcohol affect potassium levels
- Normal blood alcohol level
- Blood alcohol level mgdl
- Coumadin and alcohol and blood alcohol levels
- Does alcohol affect dopamine levels
- Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
- Can the presence of Oxycontin be detected in urine?
- Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
- What causes spitting of black mucus?
- How can Meth be flushed out of the system?
- Would Adderall show up in a urine test?
- What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
- What causes pain after knee replacement surgery?
- How long can i take Xanax for anxiety?
- Are Omega 3 supplements effective in helping muscle recovery after a...