Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

How to get knowledge on blood test report readings ?

Hello, I am 28 yr old male. and I have taken a voluntary blood test and found some deviations from normal in the below cases. ------------------------------------------------------------------- LDL CHOLESTEROL PHOTOMETRY 153.76 mg% ------------------------------------------------------------------- IRON PHOTOMETRY 20 μg/dl TOTAL IRON BINDING CAPACITY (TIBC) PHOTOMETRY 457 μg/dl % TRANSFERRIN SATURATION CALCULATED 4 % ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 25-OH VITAMIN D TOTAL C.L.I.A 6.2 ng/ml ------------------------------------------------------------------- HEMOGLOBIN 10.7 g/dL Are the deviations severe? What way I can improve them and after how many days should I recheck? Please let me know
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your reports suggest that you are having high LDL cholesterol with iron deficiency anemia and very low VIT D in your body.
You require a an iron therapy along with VIT D supplementation.
For decreasing your bad LDL cholesterol you may require a statin medication along with daily regular exercise regime.
For iron,you can take cap fefol once daily for 2 months.
Take a deworming tablet like albendazole 400 mg once before you start iron therapy.
For VIT D you can take calcirol sachets once a week for 2 months and then you can take one sachet once a month for one year.
For anticholestetol medication you can consult your doctor
Get your blood values tested again after 2 months to monitor the effectiveness of medications and further course.
Answered: Thu, 19 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor