How long does it take Biaxin XL to work for chest congestion?

I have had a cold for 10 days, felt better after day7 but worse after that. Went to the clinic on Sunday and the doctor prescribles Biaxin XL (500mg)once a day. He thinks like I do that it is a sinus infection. I also got nasal spray (Apo-Mometasone) But I still feel so stuffed and not better at all. How long does it take before the antibiotic starts to work?
Wed, 22 Jan 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding effect of Biaxin XL in chest infection.

As you said that you are having cold for ten days and your doctor had given you antibiotic and nasal spray but you does not get relief and moreover you developed chest congestion.

You may add following in your treatment-

1- Steam inhalation.

2- Mucolytic and decongestant.

I hope this will help you.

Regards.