Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

How could psycosis be treated ?

i have psycosis and feel really depressed at the moment and really suicidal how can i destract myself from the vioces and thoughts in my head telling me to hurt my self?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  253
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
I suggest you take herbal Ayurvedic medicine for your purpose better than chemical drugs , No side effects and successful treating of disease from root some of the Herbs used Medicines like Brahmi-Vati, Saraswatarishta, Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Mandukparni (Centella asiatica), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Yashtimadhuk (Glycerrhiza glabra), Saariva (Hemidesmus indicus) and Haridra (Curcuma longa) are used to treat memory defects, anxiety, fear and depression. Delirium, confusion, delusions and confabulation are treated using medicines like Sarpagandha (Rauwolfia serpentina), Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi), Khurasani ova (Hyoscyamus niger) and Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans). And Emotional disturbances can also be treated using medicated nasal drops like Vacha oil and liquid extracts of Vishwa (Zinziber officinalis) and Shigru (Moringa oleifera).

I hope it can treat you if you need further enquiry and Management you can contact me or your nearest ayurvedic physicians
Get well soon
Answered: Sat, 26 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response

If you have been diagnosed with psychosis by a doctor, then it is good news that you are able to realise that you have psychosis.......which shows that you are regaining that touch with reality....the most important aspect that is lost in psychosis. That means almost half of the battle is won already for you. Good luck,

If, on the other hand, you have diagnosed yourself with psychosis or your family members have done that, then there is a good chance that you might not be psychotic at all since you accept the diagnosis of psychosis and hence you have that touch with reality.

Since you talk about voice experiences, then there is a need for you to have a full psychiatric assessment, if not had one already. This will help to find out if this psychosis is due to sever depression or due to any other problem. The treatment is dependant on the label that can be given to the "group of all symptoms" (syndrome) that you are experiencing but the commonest denominator in all problems is treatment with antypsychotics.

The various methods of distraction that you can use will also depend on the severity of the voice experiences. Distraction helps in mild-moderate cases but not in severe cases. The best way to get rid of voice experiences is to use medication along with eradication of the cause of psychosis, if any, like treating depression with antidepressants, stopping drinking if the voices occur due to this, stop taking drugs if this is what is causing it again you need a psychiatric help.

If you are already using medication and the voice experiences are persisting, then you need to contact your doctor again to optimised your treatment. You could also use talking therapies like CBT which may help in you adjusting to the voice experiences. Medication is the only treatment that I know can help you get rid of the problem.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Sat, 26 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor