Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

How can my semen count be increased ?

Res.Sir My age is 44 year old. I was marriage in1996 but my wife is not con sip any ones my semans count & motile is very low pl z. any madicen for growth my semans and motile . I am very upset and desperation science last 2 year
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  229
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

Only good Nutrition will promote the production of the sperm and semen, Avoid frequent Hot water bath, which will decrease the growth of sperm, testis are out side the body in order to maintain lower temperature lower than the body temperature, follow this for a month then you will see improvement.. there are no medication especially for production of semen...
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
do not get upset,d problem can be solved by ayurvedic medicine.
Ashvagandhadi tablets 2 twice a day with milk and shatavari ghrita 1 ts.should be taken.
do not have stress.
alcohol consuming affects adversly ,if u have d habit,quit it.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response

Healthcare Magic mein aap ka Swagath hain.

Low sperm count could be due to many reasons. You need to get a Colour Doppler Study done to rule out varicocele.

Consult an urologist for detailed examination. Before we start treatment, most important thing is to find out the cause. Once we identify the cause then treatment can be started accordingly.

If Varicocele is the cause for low count, whatever medicines you take will not be effective. Only treatment available in that condition is surgery.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
You can try all the measures suggested above to improve semen parameters. But as time is passing fast for you ( age 44) i would suggest you to go for assisted reproductive technologies(ART) like Intrauterine insemination(IUI) if sperm count permits and ICSI ( even if count is very less). As age increases, quality of semen and eggs (women) also deteriorates. Consult an infertility specialist. Your wife also need to be evaluated thoroughly and then treatment decision can be taken. take care.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor