question-icon

What do these blood, semen analysis and cytopathology test reports indicate?

Posted on Fri, 7 Jul 2017
Question: Hi Sir
I had recently undergone Semen analysis. Twice I got NIL sperm count. I met an urologist. He ordered followig tests :
USG scrotum
TRUSS
FSH/LH
Testes FNAC

USG Scrotum shows minor varicocele and TRUSS is normal.(Couldnt attach reports as system is not allowing more than 3 files)

Can you please guide me about next steps and interpretation of the reports.

Thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
there is most likely Azoospermia

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.

Based on the reports that you have posted Your semen analysis has revealed the absence of sperms (Azoospermia)and testicular fine needle aspiration cytology(FNAC) has confirmed that there is no production of sperms by both the testicles.

In a given situation, unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done. Next step will be to consult qualified Infertility Specialist to explore the possibility of pregnancy with the help of artificial insemination with semen from a suitable donor.

Hope I have answered your query, please feel free to ask if you have more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist