Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How can my baby be cured of a prolonged cough ?

hi,i m angela, i just want to inquire regarding my daughter s condition right now. She s 12months and three days ago she had a non-productive cough then hours later she started to sneeze and she developed a runny nose,I thought she;s just having a viral infection but up until now, her cough and colds are still present and she has skin rashes already all over her body including the scalp area, the rashes are red and itchy and the rashes look like skin bumps, her eyes are watery and puffy. She used to have eczema and she had asthma attack when she was months younger. I am only giving her Ambroxol right now for her cough, but when she started to have rashes I don t know what to do and what to give her, she keeps on crying because of irritation. .Hope you could help me with this.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Nov 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Angela,
Thanks for query,
Your daughter seems to have allergic bronchiolitis.
There should be some allergyfrom inner side out from outer side.
As there is h/o eczema in the past so this may be due to eczema.
Find out the cause of allergens and avoid them.
Go for blood test to rule out bacterial.viral or allergy.
Give anti allergy syrup,cough suppressant and if require go for antibiotic medicines.
Consult your doctor and get investigations done.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 14 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor