Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

How can I treat my stomachache ?

I had a Nissen Fundoplication 4 years ago, whenever I get a stomach bug I am ill for 1 week, At the moment I have been poorly for 5 days. I had been on holiday to Lanzarote and was back for 36 hours when I started with intense nauseau, diarrhoea, fever , palpitations and initially a dull ache in my right side. For the first 24 hours I thought I may have had appendicitis although the ache in the right side eased off and did not become any worse, I felt too ill to get out of bed. Since then I feel weak, nauseaus, headache , no appetite , when I do eat I feel sick again, I have no energy, I am now tolerating fluids but still feel really ill and I need to get better to return to work, help!
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Karen,

Thanks for writing in.
I think what you suffered from was infectious diarrhoea and you are definitely on your way to getting better. As of now, you'd be better if you take plenty of fluids ( particularly oral rehydration solution or Gatorade) and light home cooked food.
Eating small amounts at small intervals will help. Also, a course of antibiotics like ciprofloxacin would greatly help. Please speak with your physician about this.
You don't need any other treatment as of now and I think you should be back on your feet with this in 1-2 days.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 27 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor