Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

How can I remove ingrown hair on my butt crack ?

What can I do about the ingrown hairs I get at the top of my butt crack? It s a clump of hair not just a few.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  2662
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
nothing special you can use hair remover regularly. but check the reactions before using any. try putting a small amount in any hidden area wait for 24 hours, if there is no rash or itch or redness that means it is suitable for your skin.
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Gegin George's  Response
Hi, welcome to HealthcareMagic.

In growth of hair in the sacral region can lead to a condition called pilonidal cyst/sinus/abscess or sacrococcygeal fistula. This can be prevented from happening by use of depilating creams, regular shaving of the area or simple scrubbing. You can also consult a dermatologist for hair removal by laser or electrolysis.
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor