Suggest treatment for pilonidal sinus

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Fri, 23 Jun 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi,

I have pilonidal sinus and I am going for surgery in the next week. All the reports are normal. But ny doctor asked that does my penis foreskin go back enough. I didn't understand whats the relation between pilonidal sinus and the penis foreskin going back. He then checked it my pulling my penis foreskin a little back and said that its better to do curcumcision which will help you in future. After he stretched my penis foreksin, i feel a little pain and irritation sometimes. Will this go on it own? The doctor stretched it too much i think. Kindly help.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
pilonidal sinus

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM

I do understand your concern

"As" per your clinical history is concerned you have [Pilonidal Sinus] which needs to be repaired surgically and it is a minor surgical procedure. It has no connection with your penis foreskin at all.If you have penis skin stretching problem then it can be repaired later without any problem by doing circumcision. So both are different issues and both are minor problems. Sometimes it retracts easily and no surgical intervention is required and if it is not possible in natural way then surgical treatment is good.

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 16 minutes later
Thank You Sir.

My concern is that the doctor was checking the penis foreskin and its been 2 days now i feel a little pain sometimes. So will this pain go away on its own. I never faced any problem on my penis foreskin before this. After the doctor stretched it, i feel a little irritated sometimes. So will this heal on it own?
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up reply

"As" per your clinical history is concerned this pain will not last forever and it should be done slowly and full skin will open as doctor has done forcefully so you have mild pain so you can discuss with your treating doctor regarding one prescription medication like [ibuprofen+paracetamol]combination to relax muscle and pain. It will heal on its own.

Thanks