Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

How can I regularize my periods ?

Hi, I am 25 yrs, married. I got married 7 months back and since 4 months my periods are irregular. I get it after 45 days ever month. I also have PMS problems. I feel low, lethargic and week with abdomnial cramps and back ache 10-15 days before my periods. I had taken postponement tablet (premolt N) for 8-10 days every 4 months before marriage. When consulted to a gynaec, she told that the endometrial lining is thin and also low harmonal level. What should i do to overcome my periods and also to regularise it..Pls help.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
when it comes to hormonal issues it is best you consult an endocrinologist. Your lethargy symptoms may not be just pms, it could be hormal disturbance and requires work up and treatment.
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hiiii mam,

Good afternoon.
Your clinical picture is suggestive of "OLIGOMENORRHOEA" along with "PMS" which occurs 7-10days prior to period and presents with abdominal cramp,backache, water retention,breast tenderness, wt gain etc.

There are Several Causes of OLIGOMENORRHOEA:
1)Mental & physical stress like vigorous exercise, emotional upset
2)Anorexia nervosa-if wt less than 47kg,
4)PCOD with over wt.

Stop taking any unprescribed medicine.If period is persistent irregular or delaying more than 2 months, you need to do a USG,Thyroid function test,FSH/LH, blood sugar and prolactin level and consult to your gynaecologist.
Along with maintain a healthy diet,control wt and regular light exercise.

**For PMS: 1) take low salt and fibre rich diet
2) avoid caffine and alcohol
3) stress management by regular meditation
4) take medicine like SSRI( Fluoxetine 20mg single dose) along with OCP to regularize cycle +Pyridoxine 100mg BD is also helpful.

For further suggestion,mail id:
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor