Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

How can I reduce my weight through diet and medication ?

Hi, I am a 12 year girl. My weight is 50 kg. Ihave tried many things but I am not able to reduce my weight.Please, tell me how can I reduce my weight?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
hi bhoomika... you seem to be a sweet little health conscious girl.. since your too young to do any kind of strict diet or take medications.. i suggest get more active.. choose a sport or an exercise regime you enjoy.. like you can take up dance, aerobics, swimming, badmintion, cycling etc..give 1 hour of your day to exercise.. along with that eat small meal every 2-3 hours.. avoid junk foods in tiffin like vada pav, sev puri etc.. you can carry healthy foods like idli, dosa, sandwiches, eggs.. have fruits and nuts for mid meals.. have salads with lunch + jowar roti/ ragi roti+ veggies + dal/curd.. for dinner.. avoid too have carbs like rice.. you can have soups/ sitr fry veggies/ salads along with some chicken. fish cooked in less oil.. drink plenty of water..enjoy your youth..
Answered: Mon, 5 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello bhoomika,
welcome to HCM
follow some simple tips-
-have small and frequent meals instead of 3 big meals.
-have lot of water.
-include more fibres in diet instead of saturated fat. avoid pizza, ice cream,cola drinks.take more salads and fruits
-take food atleast 2 hr before sleep in night.
-avoid stress and take good sleep.
-do regular excercise and yoga breathing excercises.atleast walk for 30 min everyday.
-be happy all time
take care
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor