Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

How can I get relief from reddishness , inflammation and white fluid coming due to ear piercing ?

Three weeks ago, my friend and I got out ear lobes pierced in a store together. I just checked on her ears, and ons is slightly red and inflamed, and there is quite a bit of white fluid coming out of it. She said she started having trouble with it the night before when she put in different studs so the holes didn t close up over night. Other than going to the hospital, what can we do to get rid of it?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare magic forum,
Sometime ear piercing may lead to infection if not carried out in a proper way.

You just take out the stud and clean the wound with spirit.Put a thick thread in place of the stud and apply local ointment like neosporin
You can take mild antiinflammatory drugs like paracetamol 1 tab two times daily for one day and observe,if no relief see a ENT specialist to cheek any cartilage infection.
Answered: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Mahmoud's  Response
That's pus collected in ear (whitish discharge + pain ) on top of inflamation ... seek antibiotics like amoxicillin 500 if adults for a week or reduce dose to 250 mg if under 12
Answered: Tue, 14 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor