Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

How are rashes on the corner of the mouth treated ?

Dear Doctor I am 57 years 5ft 2 and in good health. I have a rush at the corner of my mouth, what can i do to deal with it.
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

If it is involving both the angles of mouth ,then it must be ANGULAR CHEILITIS or ANGULAR STOMATITIS.
It can be because of any of the following reasons:
fungal infection or bacterial infection (can be secondary also)
vitamin B deficiency
Ill-fitting dentures.
Zinc deficiency
Iron deficiency
anorxia nervosa
stomach upset
Treatment would begin with oral anti fungal and anti bacterial agents.Along with this one should take a long course of oral vitamin B complex medicines.
So keep your general condition good and you would see a early response.


Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor