History of compound fracture. Still have pain, swollen ankle, cannot walk for long. How to get back to normal?

In May of 2012 I feel off a 6 ft wall. I had a compound fracture 2-3 inches from my ankle of the tibia . I also broke the filbula. I was rushed into emergency surgery to have a rod and screws in the tibia. I was non- weight barring for 8 weeks. I did exactly like I was told. I had PT three times a week for 4 months. Now, coming up on a year of the accident I am still in alot of pain. I don t take any medicine for the pain. I am a hairstylist so I must stand several hours a day. It is not the standing that kills me. It is when I stop and sit down and then have to get up again. My ankle still swells so bad that the only shoes I can wear is a pair of flip flops. Where the screws are is so painful I will have to hit who ever touches it. I am not able to walk for any amount of time. I walk with a bad limp. On a bad day, I really need the use of my cane. What can I do to get this leg back to normal....Ok, I won t ask for miracles but how about less pain.
Mon, 26 Aug 2013