Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Heavy bleeding. Transvaginal ultrasound report showing retroverted uterus, hypoechoic nodule within the posterior myometrial wall. Treatment?

A few time a year i have heavy bleeding during my periods. They can last for up to 30 days. This month my period was heavier then before. I am traveling and seen a doctor who prescribed Tranexamic acid . She also had an ultrasound preformed The results are transvaginal ultrasound preformed : I. Uterus 6.92 x 4.59 x 5.71 cm, the uterus is retroverted with regular contour ans inhomogeneous myometrium . The subendometrial halo is intact. There is a hypoechoic nodule within the posterior myometrial wall measuring 2.77 x 2.91 x 2.89 cm suggestive of grade 5 myoma. The doctor said I could have it scraped out. My question is will this stop my heavy bleeding that occurs?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ma'am.

Your diagnosis is quite clear and your presentation is clearly linked to the myoma, which is a tumor (non-cancerous) growth within the muscle layers.

Surgical removal/excision of this, if done adequately can help in conplete recovery and disappearance of all your symptoms. Please go ahead with the same.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor