Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Heart pain, palpitation,numbness in forearm hand. Fainted. Cure for symptoms

Hi there
please HELP!
Im not sure where to begin.....
over a period of a month or so - i have had the following symptoms:
My "heart" is sore - it s a strange uncomfortable pain(NOT ANXIETY ATTACK)
my heart palpatates - it beats so very weird, feeling sometime like its stopped! and my breathing is effected when this happens, naturally its almost like im waiting for everything else to stop when this happens.
numbess/pins n needles in my left forearm and my hand.
MOSTLY - i am feeling (for lack of a better work) weird - my heart feels like it is battling,
i fainted(first time ever) i stood up to go to the fridge(i was feeling all these symptoms) and felt dizzy - so i wanted chocolate in the fridge - i got it out the fridge but woke up on the lounge floor with a badly bruised hip(dont remeber falling or hurting myself) and chocolate broken everywhere...
i felt SO sickly....sweated buckets and lay there withmy husband who helped me with a cool facecloth to cool me down....i was shaking so much....
no daily i have heart issues - and please dont tell me about anxiety, this is not anxiety..
Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

A thorough history and physical examination is the first step -
ECG (Electrocardiogram / EKG) – Routine 12-lead – is part of clinical examination.
It needs to be DOCUMENTED / Standard ECG records the electrical activity of the heart, for a few seconds. It can detect the arrhythmia occurring during that time only. If the episode occurs randomly or precipitated by a specific activity like exercise, one needs Holter or event monitor.

ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.

The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib's  Response
Welcome to HCM

If you know so much about your problem then you should not be asking doctors. You are denying that its not anxiety but it is actually anxiety which you are not accepting. Go to a psychiatrist and discuss your condition with him. You are having panic attacks which will get more worse if you didn't treated it on time.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor