Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Having small lump between ribs. Suggest

Hi, my friend is 29 years old, male and has a small lump between his ribs near diaphragm area. It was not there before. And it does not hurt. He smokes but not too much. Is there aomeone here who could tell me what the lump could be? I am really scared for him and I am hoping it is not serious.

Thank you very much,
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
Thanks for your query
Most common lump found in the body is lipoma.
It is a benign tumor of fat cells..
Regarding the swelling,most of the times it is soft,freely mobile,skin can be pinchable from the swelling,painless.non-tender..
Diagnosis can be conformed by FNAC(fine needle aspiration cytology).
Except for cosmetic purposes no treatment is necessary for that..
It can be removed by simple surgery by a surgeon,,with a local anesthesia..
Hope you understand my suggestion
Thank you
Answered: Wed, 29 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor