Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Having proper diet. Medicine to increase height?

Hi! So I just turned 13 years old in this year. I m a girl from Denmark and I m in the puberty , so I think a lot about my height and stuff. At the moment I m 5 5(165.6 cm). My dad is 6 1(185 cm), while my mom is 5 3(161 cm). I had a huge growth spurt, and went from 5 2(158 cm) to 5 5. I m just a little worried now, cause I got my period for 2 months ago. When I was 2 years old, my dad and I went to the doctor. They said, I was going to be as tall as my dad 5 10(178 cm), but now I m not so sure. Do I still grow? I m healthy and drink only water and milk, and I m very active. Thank you for your answer :)
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Stephanie,
You seem to have a pretty good height for your age.But as for your wish,you want to be much taller.well you need not worry,though you have attained puberty,you might grow a few more inches upto the age of may be you reach the height of 5ft10in,as you wish.but it all depends upon your growth hormone and ofcourse your genes,whereas you know that you do have tall chances of you growing taller is more all the best Stephanie.On the other hand i also request you to not be disheartened if you do not grow as tall as you wish coz your height is quite a good one for a female.take suceeds even then.
Answered: Sat, 1 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor