Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Having pain in the upper right section of rib cage, feverish feeling, body aches. Suggestions?

I am 67 year old male in good health with no heart problems but two nights ago I had pain in the upper right section of rib cage around the pectoral muscle (feels like a strain from lifting weights but I haven t done that!). It was strong pain 24 hours ago but it s continued to get less and less. Yesterday I felt like I had the flu but no temperature - just the aches in the body. Got any thoughts?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
You may have muscle ache and may be underlying pneumonia.
You should go for chest x ray and consult with physician.
If your chest x ray is normal then you should go for muscle relaxants.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor