Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Having pain in back, hip and leg. MRI of L spine done. Should I go for orthapedic surgeon advice?

I started having back pain a couple of years ago....had 3 blocks with pain management had new mri L spine results were L-5 S-1 shallow annular bulge with midline annular tear and small herniation slight supperior migration along the endplate of L-5. T11-12 dessiccation and narrowing with no HNP Mild degenerative facet changes at L-3, 4 and 5. Do I need to continue pain management or see an orthapedic surgeon I do not want surgery...but pain is terrible down hip and leg and pressure on back...
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
From your MRI scan report it does not sound although you have any nerve root compression which is the main and best indication for surgery on your spine. The changes you describe are largely degenerate in nature for which the types of therapy you describe including physiotherapy and core strengthening are most beneficial.
Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor