Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Having irregular periods. Got dry, itchy and peeling lips. Are they related?

My lips get severly dry and itchy and peel, they then get to the point were i can barely open my mouth. I was told this was because of the sun affecting me. It is nolonger summer and it still happens. I have eszema, and get welches on my arms that occur along with the lips. Is this in connection with 6 months of and irregular menstral cycle? I m unsure of what is wrong with me.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The skin changes that you are having are not likely to be related to the problem in your periods. Such skin changes may be related to dermatitis or eczema. Menstrual irregularity is commonly seen due to hormonal imbalance which needs a hormonal treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor